DL6FZ QSL Card
This one is really nice. Cant wait to see one for real.
Recent RS-918SSB HF SDR Transceiver
The Chinese Recent, Quanzhou Risen Electronics Co. Ltd, manufacturer of Digital and Analog transceivers, recently released the RS-918SSB a QRP HF SDR Transceiver working all HF Ham Radio Bands, with a maximum output power of 15W, in SSB, CW, AM (RX only), FM and FreeDV.
The compact dimensions 215×74×62mm and the weight of 623g make it an interesting transceiver for portable operations.
RS-918SSB Main Features
- Spectrum Dynamic Waterfall Display
- Multiple Working Modes: Receive,Transmit,Tune,VFO,SPLIT
- DSP Digital Signal Processing Noise Reduction
- Automatic Notch Filter
- Humanized Interface Color Display
- Receive Fine Tuning Function, Changeable MIC Gain Value
- VCC Power Supply Voltage Indication Table
- Transmit Signal Strength Display Table
- Multifunctional Instrument: SWR Meter, AVD Audio Frequency Meter, ALC Signal Modulation Meter
RS-918SSB Technical Specifications
- Frequency Range – RX: 1.8-30MHz TX:All HAM HF BANDS
- Operating Mode – SSB(J3E)，CW，AM(RX Only), FM, FREE-DV
- TX Power – 5W (Standard, DC 13.8V) , 15W (Full,DC 13.8V)
- Receiving Sensitivity – 0.11~0.89μV (RFC 50-20)
- Minimum Frequency Step – 1Hz
- Operating Voltage – DC9~15V
- Antenna Impedance – 50Ω
- Frequency Stability – ±1.5PPM @ Power on 5 Minutes (Standard) ; ±0.5PPM if Optional TCXO Used
- Product Dimension (W × H × D) – 215×74×62mm（Mounting Bracket Included）
- Weight – 623g
According to Larry Yang of Quanzhou Risen Electronics Co. Ltd, the RS-918SSSB is sold at USD 350 + Shipping Costs.
This is really great stuff. There is a big initiative in Germany to setup a POCSAG based paging network. Please see the following links for more Information:
for those who wondered; yes, on E-Bay you get a 70watt shortwave PA for under 30 Euros from China. It’s a kit, and it does not come with building Information, neither does it come with the schema.
All Information you need though you can find on the Blog from PD7MAA. He was so kind to post the schema and some building information.
Have fun building!
Cheers and 73s,
I’ve ordered the BITX40 last saturday, and it has arrived in Germany. DHL Express is blazing fast! I’m really curious to build and try it.
More to come.
Cheers and 73s,
Daniel de DL6FZ
On this Blog you will find the Amateur Radio projects I am working on or have been working on in the past.
Kind regards and 73s,
Daniel de DL6FZ / AF6FZ.
As I wanted a POCSAG Transmitter in our town, I decided to build one myself, with as a blue-print the following;
I more or less build it the same way, I used the following components;
- A 2U black 19″ rack case (250 mm deep)
- a Raspberry PI 1
- A Motorola GM1200 without the frontpanel
- 2 silent fans
- Various other components, 2 LED, some resistors, UTP Network connector etc.
The result looks like this;